The Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998:
- All gas appliances and associated pipework and flues should be maintained Gas image to ensure they are safe to use. An annual inspection by a qualified registered Gas Safe gas engineer is now a requirement of law.
- A Gas Safety Record (GSR) must be kept with the dates of inspection and any defects identified. This record must be provided to the tenant upon signing the tenancy agreement.
- A gas appliance with an open flue should not be installed in a bedroom.
- Where the gas meter is installed in a meter box, you should supply the tenant with a suitably labelled key to the box.
- After work on any gas appliance, a defined series of safety checks must be performed.
- Instructions for any gas appliance must be left for the tenant.
- Any gas appliance that is suspected or known to be faulty or incorrectly installed must not be used by anyone and should be removed/replaced or repaired immediately.
- Ventilation is needed for gas appliances to work correctly and safely. You should take care not to block vents and air bricks.
Call Today to arrange your Landlords Certificate on 07894333306